20 July, 2006

Spring Gardens 20/07/06

There is nothing springy or gardeny about Spring Gardens on this hot and humid day. I sort of approve of Burtonwood's attempt to enforce culture upon us during their insescant office building, but the art they are displaying is crap. I want to see more art on the streets and out of the galleries so that folk can see it easily, lets force culture down the throats of the masses. I also beleive that our goverement should stop bombing people and spend the money on art for the masses, with that in mind todays recomended Bush bashing peice of industrialesque metal is Ministry's Rio Grande Blood.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I also beleive that our goverement should stop bombing people and spend the money on art for the masses".

If we did, wouldn't we all end up like them people out of The Time Machine (the original one)?

Nice idea though. Although, if we had no wars we'd have nowhere to put everyone. We could always colonize another planet, maybe. But what to call it? "Desperate Flight"?

Nice pics. Please carry on. It's all in jest, y'know.

:)

SD

Paula said...

At least they painted the walls fuschia. That's a bit out of the ordinary, isn't it?

Night Hawker said...

you need to photograph those big Manchester city centre roads at night when they are being told off by rain.

Not that its been raining much, but when it does, Manchester is very melancholic and romantic place.

Every time I visit Manchester there is a host of new big buildings. It's not like I visit every ten years. I find myself there fairly regularly and as my train pulls into Deansgate I find myself looking at the landscape and thinking - where the fuck has that come from! That wasn't there last month!