17 February, 2006

Back of Charles Street Carpark, 17/02/06

The space between the back of the Charles Street Carpark and the railway bridge as it heads towards Piccadilly Station from Oxford Road station offered itself up this morning. I often walk this route between work and Oxford Road.
This morning I had the idea that it represented two different modes of transport that feed the city both of which involve being cooped up in horrible metal boxes, one with loads of smelly sweaty commuters, the other invariably has only one occupant. I hate commuting by either method, by rail is just horrible and frustrating having to share my personal space with other people who smell bad, the other is horrible and frustrating due to the amount of other idiots on the road but at least it is air-conditioned.

1 comment:

Rob said...

This picture speaks a thousand words. I mean, I like your description of commuting, but along with the picture, the experience of getting there and back seems all too real.