07 February, 2006

Princess Bridge and The Manchester Ship Canal, 07/02/06


Continuing my odyssey of highly amateur photos of Manchester, the above shot was taken from Princess Bridge on the border of Manchester and Salford. Apparently according to my not so trusty A to Z it is over the Manchester Ship Canal. I don't believe it myself, I always assumed that it was the River Irwell. There is cause to celebrate though rather than a dull and drab grey sky more colours are poking through, and today I caught a glimpse of the sun behind the cloud, though this does mean that the inevitable rain is on its way.

Another reason to celebrate is the uncharacteristically empty bike rack at my work, which they are also painting. I hope that my mountain bike appreciates the new colour scheme......

No comments: