23 February, 2006

Mancunian Way Exit At UMIST, 23/02/06

An apology of sorts I am in no mood to get soaked today bringing fine cityscapes of the wonderful city of Manchester, as our pre-spring monsoon has arrived. The pre-spring monsoon will be replaced with the spring monsoon, and the summer monsoon and soon it will be back to the autumn and winter monsoon. As a friend of mine from India once observed "at least when you get a Monsoon in India you know it is going to fucking stop, it is just constant here". Not being native to this city the rain occasionally gets to me, the natives seem to thrive on it and actually enjoy it for some strange reason. It is quite common for a native here to say "yeah but the rain will soon be on its way" when you innocently remark on what a nice day it has been and how clear and blue the skies are.
The thing that really upset me was that I was going to take some pictures of some ducks that I have grown rather fond off. They have made their home just by Deansgate Locks, and they make the journey into work more bearable. As I pass them, they frolic and do duck things, this morning the little swine were being terribly difficult to photograph, so they will be saved for another day.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Lovely weather. I will never complain about grey skies over Stuttgart again. Hope you get some good shots of the wildlife.