15 February, 2006

Dramatic Clouds and Barber Shops, 15/02/06

Island Monkey had an interesting piece on a new film about Lord Longford that was being shot in the Northen Quarter of Manchester this morning. I therefore decided to take a quick look at lunch time to see what was going on. On the way there I spotted some dramatic clouds over the building site that will be Piccadilly Place, and since this fits in well with my current fetish about all things to do with new buildings and cranes it was too good a photo opportunity to miss.
Alas when I got to Tibb Street in the Northen Quarter there was nothing interesting there. Nothing other than this row of shops. Hussain's Barber Shop has always intrigued me. I have only seen it whilst rolling round this part of town late at night, this was my first visit to it during the day. I was amazed to find that it is not in fact a barber shop but a trendy shoe shop, this makes it better as they have decided to keep this wonderful shop front, and long may they continue to do so.

1 comment:

ISLAND MONKEY said...

Shame you missed it. They were filming on the opposite side of the street to Matt and Phred's and had stuck up all kinds of neon signs along that part. I regretted not having my camera as it was a really interesting scene.