04 February, 2006

Ring Around The Ring Road, 04/02/06


Visitors to Manchester would be well advised to avoid the Inner Ring Road in the city, and if you find yourself there then get off it as quickly as possible. It is like a big circular black hole blockading the city, once on it all you can do is hope to achieve escape velocity. The above photo of what was once "The Manchester Coffee House" on the corner of Whitworth Street and South Pump Street was taken before such an adventure on the inner ring road.......
This was my second attempt to get off the ring road at Sudehill which failed miserably, as I wished that I owned a crane hire company as they must be making a small fortune here right now............. It only took two circuits of the ring road to get off this time and I have been living here for 4 years today, I know from bitter experience what happens to newcomers to this city on the inner ring road, and it is not nice so avoid it at all costs.

No comments: