24 February, 2006

Sachas, 24/02/06

Sachas Hotel just off market street is a fine establishment. The kind that definitley does not have reputation of being the kind of establishment where ladies of generous virtue spend time with the gentlemen of their choice. Absolutley not, no way not a chance, never in a million years could this be described as a knocking shop as some good freinds of mine from London who stayed there will testify, that it is indeed a fine hotel and one where they would happily stay again.
I personally find the building rather perverse as it does not seem to know what it is doing with bits of art deco styling and god alone knows what the balconies are supposed to be.......

6 comments:

Spoke said...

Looks a bit like a bloody cruise ship run a ground...still, I bet they do a nice Cosmopolitan.

ISLAND MONKEY said...

I know what you are saying about its identity crisis but I quite like that and the building in general. It has a uniqueness about it and adds something different to that area. I have been in there and I thought it was great. Really good atmosphere..

ISLAND MONKEY said...

Having said that it looks better from street level...

ISLAND MONKEY said...

In fact I think I am changing my mind about it.. I'll have to investigate it again sometime...

ISLAND MONKEY said...

No I changed my mind again I like it. It is ugly postmodern kitsch but as a one off in that area it has a certain charm..

Mr Pretzels said...

Lets face it, it is a monstrosity that adds a certain something to the area